Content Marketing & Website SEO Volunteer
Washington Trails Association (WTA) is looking for a volunteer/mentor to advise us on our search engine optimization and content marketing. We have strong SEO and great content, but we know we could be doing better. We’re seeking an expert, ideally one who has worked with nonprofits before, to help prioritize our current strategies for solving a few brand challenges:
- You would be key to helping us ensure that our visitors find the content that they are looking for and help us improve the rate at which visitors support our work with donations.
- You would help us maintain our strong SEO in an increasingly competitive landscape.
You would come to us with 5+ years of experience in:
- On-page SEO best practices
- Mobile-first content strategy
- Search and navigation
- Keyword research and tools
- Optimizing site speed
- Simple, effective testing for results
- Integrating our cross-channel strategies
- Other high impact, low/medium effort approaches we might be missing in our current strategy
We are fans of this TED talk about the spirit of technology in public service by Matt Cutts, the plain-language and practical approach of Backlinko’s Brian Dean and the nonprofit/corporate mix of a career and content approach of someone like Johnathon Coleman.
Estimated minimum time commitment: 2-4 hours a month.
If you are interested in being considered for this volunteer position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a brief description of your qualifications, what you hope to come away with from this volunteer opportunity, and a duration of time you are willing to commit to this work.
Washington Trails Association committed is to advancing equity through our work and to becoming a more inclusive organization, we believe a diversity of backgrounds and ideas will make our community and our digital presence stronger. People of color and others with underrepresented identities are strongly encouraged to apply. While with is a volunteer position WTA is committed to making this a meaningful experience for our volunteers.