Crew Leader College 2023
We are back and we can’t wait to continue to build our skills together.
Just around the corner!
We can't wait to see you May 19-21 for Crew Leader College. We are back at North Bend this year and we can't wait to spend the weekend with you.
2023 is also WTA's 30th anniversary of the volunteer trail maintenance program, so you can expect some added fun, too! Throughout the weekend we'll be taking videos to record your experiences as a volunteer with WTA. We'll also have designated time Saturday evening where you can share those stores with each other.
Back to North bend and other updates
- We are back at North Bend! We’ll be utilizing Forest Service facilities for camping and showers, the elementary school for meals, classes and the morning talks, and local trails for our project sites.
- The Saturday potluck is back (main course to be provided by WTA)!
- We will be hosting an optional Friday evening social that is open to all attendees. A chance to eat, drink, and be merry with your fellow leadership cohort!
- We are excited to be inviting a few of our agency partners to share their expertise over the course of the weekend!
- Registration for classes is closed and class assignments have been completed.
- If you missed registration please email email@example.com.
- Information you need to register, prepare, and pack for the weekend:
- Class descriptions
- Site map
- Pack list
- Volunteer assignments
Important Dates and Next Steps
High Level Agenda (DETAILED AGENDA):
- Note all classes will either be outside or have an outdoor component
- Parking available at Forest Service Facilities for those staying overnight
- Parking is available at elementary school for those arriving daily
- Sleeping arrangements are tent camp or car camp only. Please keep to the camp option you selected in the logistics survey.
- On-site restrooms available for all genders
- On-site showers available for all genders
- Potluck dish refrigeration available (as needed)
- No internet access however cell phone service is available
- Check your class assignments in your My Backpack account, let us know if there are any issues.
- If you offered to help out with logistics, please review the volunteer assignments. If you don't see your name, you're off the hook! Thanks to everyone who signed up!
- If you are bringing a dish for the potluck, please bring serving utensils and be ready to label your dish including ingredients. (Drop your dish off at registration if it needs to be refrigerated)
- Thanks to those who have signed up to carpool! Want to join? See who needs a ride (or who you can ride with).
- Think of some stories you'd like to share about you time volunteering with WTA. If you have one that shouldn't be missed, drop us an email and brief description at firstname.lastname@example.org